Ripple Foods, makers of delicious, nutritious plant-based dairy alternative products, is a Platinum Sponsor of Whole Planet Foundation and participated in the International Women’s Day virtual event during Women’s History Month.
“I recently had the pleasure of participating in a panel discussion with several powerful women and allies to discuss the importance of women entrepreneurship in CPG. Ripple Foods was built on the truth that even the smallest actions can have far reaching impacts and that’s why we are proud to partner with Whole Planet Foundation in supporting women entrepreneurs – to pay forward the support we’ve received as a growing start-up,” says Laura Flanagan, Chief Executive Officer of Ripple Foods.
The commitment to improving sustainability is evident in Ripple products and business practices:
- Ripple milk is made from the wholesome yellow pea. Unlike almonds, which require irrigation; or cattle, which contribute to deforestation and greenhouse gas emissions; peas have a small environmental footprint and need little to no irrigation
- Ripple milk takes less water to deliver the same protein as dairy milk
- All Ripple products are non-GMO
- Ripple milk bottles are made from 100% post-consumer recycled plastic that can be recycled again
- Ripple is a registered and certified Benefit Corporation – committed to meeting the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance to balance profit and purpose
Whole Planet Foundation is proud to partner with Ripple Foods and help advance the Ripple Effect with microcredit clients.
Ripple Foods’ Director of Sales-Natural Channel, Shawn Bradley joined Whole Planet Foundation to meet microcredit clients in Miami, Florida in August 2019. “I was honored to have the chance to meet some of the Whole Planet Foundation-funded microloan recipients, most of whom were women, and hear their uplifting stories and the positive impact small microloans have had in their lives, their families, the people they employ and the community. The loans have given them a sense of pride, self-worth and the dream of becoming an entrepreneur, ” says Bradley.
To learn more about Ripple Foods and Whole Planet Foundation, watch the panel “Women Entrepreneurs Supporting Women, with a Male Perspective, Too!” including panelist Laura Flanagan with five other Chief Executive Officers and Founders here during Women’s History Month. Thanks to sponsors like Ripple Foods, all proceeds are dedicated to expanding women’s opportunities through access to business capital.